|Based in the beautiful hamlet of High Biggins with
a strong farming history, Smile Day Nursery nestles into the countryside
with fantastic views of surrounding farmland, to the hills and fells
beyond. Children and parents alike can be sure of the warmest of welcomes
from the staff that have a professional and caring approach to childcare
in a modern yet homely environment.
At Smile we aim to provide a stimulating, caring and educationally based environment for children in which their natural curiosity is encouraged and their individuality respected.
All aspects of our nursery will reflect our commitment to equal opportunities by ensuring that positive attitudes towards differences of race, gender and religious persuasions are supported within the nursery. Every child in our care will be made to feel equally valued and respected. All children are welcome at Smile.
Above all, our aim will be to help all children to become happy, relaxed and confident children. We have created an ideal environment within which our highly-trained staff will provide your child with a programme of activities designed to the highest standards.
We believe that every child deserves the ‘best start in life’. At Smile we are committed to meeting the needs of children and families today.
At Smile we offer the children extra classes run by fully qualified leaders. We offer Jo Jingles music and movement sessions to children of toddler age and above. Also, French lessons are offered to children aged two and over.
Smile Nursery And Out Of School Club offers:
One thing for certain, the children will have so much to do they will certainly be smiling throughout their time at Smile Day Nursery!
- Magnificent premises designed to create a loving and caring environment within attractive and stimulating surroundings, where health and safety are given highest priority.
- Self-contained areas for babies, children, after school and school holiday services.
- Outdoor play area, woodland walks and nature trails. The children will experiment at growing their own vegetables and flowers in organic raised beds.
- Wide range of toys, materials and equipment suited to every age and stage of development.
- Creative programmes of activity provided by highly qualified nursery staff, and designed to enable each child to reach his/her full potential in terms of emotional, social, physical and intellectual development.
- Before/after-school and school holiday services for children up to the age of 11 years.
- An extended day the nursery is open from 7.30 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.